Interview to Porkky
Freelance 2D Animator
Porkky (Greg Chen) is a freelance animator who has joined the industry in recent years. He has worked both in-studio as a freelancer and also worked in different studios for different countries (including the US and Japan). He does mainly character animation and effects but also enjoys working on character sheets.
Some featured projects
- Long Gone Gulch (Animator)
- Animaniacs (Cleanup/Retake Animator)
- Hands Up - The Plan (Animator)
- Waking Up Down (Cleanup Animator)
- Rhythm Heaven Reanimated (Animator)
- The Spirit of Radio (Animator)
- Frank Sinatra's "Jingle Bells" (Animator)
- Montana (Animator)
- Hayfever (Animator for 2D sequences)
- Ya Shabihy (Animator)
LIVE in 2021 on YouTube and Twitch
- His adventure in the animation industry
- What are the good things of being a freelancer in this industry
- What are the challenges
- Different studio styles, software
- Time management
- Managing a budget and working at different rates
- His favorite animators and how they influence his work
- Recommendation to get an education in animation
- Does freelancing accept entry-level animators
- What are your future plans
Send me the next interview!
To prioritize the creation of animation and comics, we don't a strict calendar for interviews. But is it likely something new will come!
Keep updated through our newsletter, which includes interview announcements, tutorials, comic panels, animation launches, and similar studio updates.